Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weekend Getaway Day 1: Santa Monica

On Saturday morning I took the train down to LA to meet Aaron. It was a very enjoyable ride. I caught up on magazines and my latest Lauren Conrad book. My experience, thankfully, was very different than the one my sister had prepared me for: Bums and strangers who would want to sit next to me and steal my belongings. (Thanks sis for watching out for me). When I got off in LA Aaron was waiting for me. I was so happy to see him because we had been apart for two weeks. It was such a relief to have him back and HEALTHY. Thank you for all the prayers. So we took off for our hotel and ready to begin our relaxing weekend. My sweet husband surprised me earlier in the week by booking a room at The Ritz Carlton Marina Del Rey. I was so excited! It only got better when we got there. We arrived at the front desk to check in and the concierge informed us that we were upgraded to club level. We smiled thanked her and went up to our room not realizing what our new privilege entailed. We arrived on the 11th floor in the afternoon, I was starving from the travels so Aaron suggested we go to the floor lounge for a snack. As we entered the cozy room full of couches, dining tables, and beautiful decor I saw the most delicious looking spread of lunch items. Little did we know at the time that all of it was free on our new upgraded room. Drinks were on the house, delicious appetizers, fancy desserts, all included on our club level room! We couldn't believe it! So of course we made the most of each eating event and stuffed ourselves with all the delicious treats, and washed it down with a little champagne. 

We explored all the beautiful amenities, Walked around the marina, stunning pool, and then went back up to our floor for appetizers. Then we took off for the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. We shopped, laughed, and ate Sushi at Ozumo. We hurried back to the hotel to make the dessert spread, then we went to the spa. We enjoyed every minute of our stay at the Ritz. It was such a treat we were commenting on how we never want to stay anywhere else again!

The view from our room

Walking down the marina

Sun Setting on the marina



The heated pool


Shopping in Santa Monica

Dinner at Ozumo

The restaurant is on the top level
Smiles,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment